NOTE: When noted yourdomain.com, you would type in your domain name.
Below are instructions for using FTP programs to upload your site to the web server. You can use them or you can upload pages through the File Manager in your site’s Control Panel.
Using FTP Programs :
- When noted yourdomain.com, you would type in your domain name.
- There are many FTP programs available. Below are links to several available:
Follow the software instructions to set it up.
Log In Information
- You will
the following information. When you signed up for your account with us, you should have received this information. If you do not have it, you will need to contact us.
- IP, Host Name or Server Name – these all mean the same thing
- Please keep in mind that all of this information is VERY CASE SENSITIVE.
Important Things to Keep in Mind
- Normally, in most FTP programs, your computer is on the left side of your FTP window and the web server is on the right.
- To upload files to the web server, highlight them and use the software’s transfer button to upload. Normally, it is the right arrow between the left and right window.
- ALWAYS use all LOWERCASE letter for file names for a website.
- NEVER use spaces in file names for a website.
- Graphics should only have .gif or .jpeg extensions.
- Transfer files from folder to folder (i.e. if the image is in the image folder on your computer, make sure you transfer it to the image folder on the web server).
- You’ve uploaded a page or a picture and it’s not showing up.
- Chances are that you transferred the file to the wrong folder on the server.